As we move into this world of uncertainty, we, as agents, need to find creative ways to help our listings get sold. Let’s talk about some video ideas.1) Live video. How about
How To Prepare For An Open House
One of the questions I get asked about during listing presentations is about Open Houses. Do they work? Should you have one? I say yes. If done correctly, you can get more people in to view your home and gain valuable feedback. After all, isn’t that a good thing for a seller?
Besides cleaning, decluttering and stepping up your curb appeal. Here are a some tips to make your Open House a valuable event.
1) Schedule the Open House the first weekend on the market. This is the best time to host an Open House. First of all, the listing will pop on the MLS as a new listing and would be buyers will be eager to come see it. It is a known fact, that more showings occur at the beginning of the listing.
2) Consider having a Brokers Open prior to putting the house into the MLS. A couple of days before the listing goes live, have your agent host a Brokers Open or preview. This can be valuable as the seller can get valuable feedback from other agents. It could be feedback regarding the condition, price, location. This allows the seller an opportunity to make changes prior to going on the market. Brokers Open’s are great for challenging markets where there are several listings in the same area.
3) Tag team with your realtor. Your agent will likely place ads on social media to advertise the Open House. Help your agent spread the work by sharing the events on your Facebook page and Instagram. This is important to spread the word. As the saying goes, "Your friends know people who know people".
5) Make sure to get feedback from your agent. Ask the agent to have each attendee fill out a feedback card. You can get great information about the public’s opinion of your property. From pricing to condition. Feedback can be a good thing.
6) Clean, clean, clean. Every room should be spotless!
Remember the job of a realtor is to get more exposure for your listing. Open Houses do just that through advertising the event, putting up signs, posting the event on social media. This is about selling the home, and the more eyes that see the home, the likelihood it will sell at a quicker pace.
Janet Wingrove has been a licensed realtor in the State of Texas since 2007 and has been selling homes in San Antonio ever since!